How to say the Rosary
1. Make the Sign of the Cross and say the "Apostles' Creed."
2.Say the "Our Father."
3. Say three "Hail Mary’s."
4. Say the "Glory be to the Father."
5. Announce the First Mystery; then say the "Our Father."
6. Say ten "Hail Mary’s," while meditating on the Mystery.
7. Say the "Glory be to the Father."
8. Announce the Second Mystery; then say the "Our Father." Repeat 6 and 7 and continue with Third, Fourth and Fifth Mysteries in the same manner.
The 15 Mysteries of the Rosary
The Joyful Mysteries Mon. Thurs. Sat.
1. THE ANNUNCIATION Spiritual Fruit: Humility
2. THE VISITATION Spiritual Fruit: Love of Neighbor
3. THE NATIVITY Spiritual Fruit: Poverty of Spirit
4. THE PRESENTATION Spiritual Fruit: Purity of heart
5. THE FINDING OF JESUS IN THE TEMPLE Spiritual Fruit: Obedience
The First Sorrowful Mysteries Tues and Friday
1. THE AGONY IN THE GARDEN Spiritual Fruit: God's Will be done
2. THE SCOURGING AT THE PILLAR Spiritual Fruit: Mortification of the senses
3. THE CROWNING WITH THORNS Spiritual Fruit: Reign of Christ in our heart
4. THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS Spiritual Fruit: Patient bearing of trials
5. THE CRUCIFIXION Spiritual Fruit: Pardoning of Injuries
The Glorious Mysteries Wed. and Sunday
1. THE RESURRECTION Spiritual Fruit: Faith
2. THE ASCENSION Spiritual Fruit: Christian Hope
3. THE DESCENT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT Spiritual Fruit: Gifts of the Holy Spirit
4. THE ASSUMPTION Spiritual Fruit: To Jesus through Mary
5. THE CORONATION Spiritual Fruit: Grace of Final Perseverance
Other devotions, such as the ‘luminous mysteries’ may be preyed on rosary beads, as well as the ‘Chaplet of the Divine Mercy’, and the ‘Jesus prayer.’
The Rosary is a highly indulgenced sacramental, and should be properly blessed by a priest.
THE PRAYERS OF THE ROSARY
The Apostles' Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
The Our Father
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. Amen.
The Hail Mary
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The Glory be
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy."
After the final decade of the Rosary:
HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray. O GOD, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Bless yourself with the Cross and say:
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.